A Not So Fine Line Between Stubborn And Stupid

20 Feb

Yesterday I was determined to pull my kayak out the laguna myself. I had been out for a tootle around the neighborhood and was heading in for an anticipated massage, I was having an internal conversation completely ignoring the Four Pillars and acting the fool. “Asking for help” seems to be the one I ignore and has the greatest consequences of late.

A lovely morning to go kayaking.

I lost my balance playing tug-a-war with the kayak and fell off of the meter high dock into a couple of inches of water and a lot of rocks. I’m surprised you didn’t hear me screaming from wherever you are. I am bruised and a bit swollen. We’ll head to get an X-ray tomorrow just to be sure. Fingers crossed I didn’t break a bone. It’s not how I planned to spend my birthday that’s for sure.

About ten minutes before my accident.

I know it is said that an accident is an accident but my own stubbornness contributed. Nothing like learning the hard way.

DOS TORTAS

Addendum: No broken bones. Two weeks of rest, then I can start back swimming. I believe my trips to the gym have really helped. At least if you’ve got to hop around on one leg, it had better be strong.

14 Responses to “A Not So Fine Line Between Stubborn And Stupid”

1. emilys72016 February 20, 2022 at 11:54 am #

Oh goodness, I sure hope nothing isn’t broken. That sounds awfully painful. Heal quickly and happy birthday!

• afish25 February 21, 2022 at 6:45 am #

Thank you. I still feel quite stupid.

2. midwife87505 February 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm #

Speedy recovery! May the rest of your new year of life be safe, comfortable, and joyful

• afish25 February 21, 2022 at 6:43 am #

Thanks. Please send me your email.

3. LJones February 20, 2022 at 12:49 pm #

Oh no…are you ok? See you in march xo

Lorrie Jones Simple Serenity simpleserenity.com 253.312.3117

From: the adventures of dos tortas Date: Sunday, February 20, 2022 at 5:50 AM To: Lorrie Jones Subject: [New post] A Not So Fine Line Between Stubborn And Stupid afish25 posted: ” Yesterday I was determined to pull my kayak out the laguna myself. I had been out for a tootle around the neighborhood and was heading in for an anticipated massage, I was having an internal conversation completely ignoring the Four Pillars and acting th”

4. Emilie February 20, 2022 at 1:25 pm #

Hope you’re okay. I seem to have (finally) learned that same lesson.

• afish25 February 21, 2022 at 6:42 am #

Off for X-rays today. I am so bruised. Anything is possible.

• Emilie March 5, 2022 at 9:08 pm #

keep us (or me) posted.

• afish25 March 5, 2022 at 9:14 pm #

Doing much better. Walking w/out a cane. Will go back to the gym next week.

5. Jack Scott February 21, 2022 at 3:29 am #

I hope the x-ray didn’t show up anything. Not a birthday you’ll forget in a hurry! 😦

• afish25 February 21, 2022 at 6:41 am #

That’s true. I can still feel myself flying through the air. Quite traumatic.

6. Survivor February 21, 2022 at 6:26 am #

Rest up! Those head injuries can be troublesome!

• afish25 February 21, 2022 at 6:40 am #

Thank god I don’t seem to have hit my head. I am finding bruises showing up. Off to get X-rays today.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

rudeinnewyork

A topnotch WordPress.com site

Emilie Vardaman

midwife87505's Blog

A great WordPress.com site

A Dead Kennedy

: A journal of a very slooow marathon swimmer

Intuitive copywriter + content creator: word whispering magic for lightworkers

WordPress.com News