On Wednesday, Lisa and I had a road trip and took our calendar to discuss and document the departure timeline for our move to Bacalar, Mexico. There are so many details involved in selling dos houses, purchasing a trailer and possibly a camper shell, packing, purging (garage sales & trips to Goodwill), arranging Mexican residency (renew Lisa’s passport, visit the Mexican consulate) and not to mention throwing a big fiesta to say adios to our friends and neighbors. As a state employee and project manager, I am accustomed to using timelines, benchmarks and deadlines. It helps keep me sane, reduce stress and keep us on target. For the past six months, we’ve been looking at everything in terms of “goes to Mexico” “doesn’t go to Mexico”. We’ve already had two garage sales. I always thought I was a minimalist. Hah! We have so much crap.
- research selling our house ourselves;
- clean out the office/art room to prepare for painting;
- shop Craigslist for a camper shell;
- start planning the party (Feb. 23); and
- talk to my son about his timeline for moving out.
- paint office;
- visit the Mexican consulate;
- renew passport; and
- make the first payment on the property in Bacalar.
We will revisit the timeline on January 19th. Dos Tortas are having a blast. We are doing our exercise workout and counting in Spanish! Mexico here we come.